We are in network with most insurance companies, however coverage for acupuncture can vary widely from one plan to another. We will be happy to verify what coverage your insurance provides for acupuncture treatment, however we also request that you contact your insurance provider before treatment to make sure that you understand your specific plan’s reimbursement policies.
While we file insurance claims as a courtesy to our patients, we are not responsible for what benefits they pay on a claim. If acupuncture is covered by your plan, we will bill your insurance directly for the cost of your treatments.
Please note that you will be responsible for any portion of your bill that is not reimbursed by your insurance.
Below, you'll find a list of questions to ask of your insurance provider. Use the phone number for member services, which should be on your insurance card. Write down the date, time, and name of the person with whom you are speaking. Obtaining clear answers to the following questions at the start of treatment will ensure a much smoother reimbursement process down the road.
· Do I have acupuncture coverage on my policy?
· How many visits are covered per calendar year? Are there annual dollar limits?
(Ex: some policies limit to 12 visits or $1,000/yr)
· What is the rate/percentage of reimbursement for acupuncture treatment?
· Must my acupuncturist be in-network, or does my policy allow treatment from an out-of-network provider?
· Do I need a referral from an MD or PCP to get coverage?
· What is the co-pay, if any? Is it a percentage or a flat dollar amount?
· Does acupuncture apply to my deductible? If so, have I met it?
· Does acupuncture coverage only apply for certain conditions/diagnoses? If so, what are they?
· Does acupuncture coverage only apply for certain CPT codes?
(These are codes we use for diagnoses. The person you’re speaking with should know what you’re asking.) If so, what are they?
Please click on the Check Insurance link above or below to fill out your information. We will contact you within 48-72 hours to confirm your benefits.